Every person have an unique tongue with specific characteristics, that reflect a lot about the health of every person. When you visit a traditional medicine Chinese cabinet, the doctor will ask you to show your
Chinese medicine consider the tongue an authentic map of all your body. The shape, color, surface and texture of the tongue are important indicators for any digestive problems or imbalances in the body.
This is how it looks a perfectly healthy tongue: it is pink, with a surface easily white and with a proportional size compared with the mouth.
What Your Tongue Can Tell You About Your Health
– A red tongue may be a sign of high temperature in the body, such as fever or a hormonal imbalance that results in bursts of heat or temperature changes.
– A purple tongue is a sign that the circulatory system is affected by a serious injury or a pain in the body. There might also be an inflammation or infection.
– A pale tongue is a sign of a deficiency or a low energy level, common in cases of anemia or after a long illness which weakened the immune system.
Surface of the tongue:
– A thick surface reflects a serious disease and a poor digestive health.
– A thin surface is normal, but one too thin or the complete lack of it indicate a lack of fluids in the body, or may be a sign that the body is overloaded.
– An yellow surface indicate fever and / or infection in the body.
– An area of gray or black color indicate a serious health problem in the body.
– A thick whitish area indicates a low temperature in the body, poor circulation and possibly an infection with Candida.
– If the tongue is swollen with teeth marks around the edges, it may be a sign of poor absorption of nutrients; It may indicate also a stagnation of blood and accumulation of toxins.
– A thin tongue is a sign of dehydration or show that a chronic disease left the body without resources.